Join the VERVE Team
Check back here for vacancies!
Festival Intern (Short-Term Contract)
We are contracting a part-time, festival intern to help prepare and run events. Whether you are a student, graduate or someone making a career change, this position is intended for individuals who are trying to get started with their career in the arts. We aim to provide a holistic experience of running an arts festival so your role will involve working across all departments and with all members of the team.
** Please note that this role involves working occasional evenings for events & over the weekend of the 10th & 11th September for the festival **
Commitment: 2 days/week, full time the week of the festival (7th– 11th September)
Start Date: 11th July 2022
End Date: 30th September 2022
Application deadline: 5pm, 30th June
Interview dates: 4th – 9th July
- To attend weekly VERVE team meetings
- To assist with the marketing of the festival including writing newsletters, blogs & social media posts
- To support administrative and logistical tasks, such as booking travel, accommodation & refreshments
- To assist with the mailing & distribution of programmes
- To attend & support the smooth running of VERVE events both digital and in-person
- To assist with event management and to provide a high-level of proactive customer care to our artists and audiences
- To assist with the development & collection of festival evaluations & attending post-festival evaluation meetings
- To assist with the development of wider projects
- Good administrative skills
- Enthusiasm for the arts especially poetry & spoken word
- A good understanding of customer care
- High level of computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft applications
- An organised individual with good communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team as well as independently
- Willingness to learn
We strongly encourage BAME, neurodivergent, disabled, LGBTQ+ & working-class applicants to apply. Priority shall be given to applicants from the West Midlands Metropolitan Area (Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall & Wolverhampton).
Please submit a 1-page CV & 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to remove as much bias as possible during the application process, so as part of the submission process your CV and cover letter will be anonymised before being short-listed.
We will contact you by 6pm Friday 1st July to let you know if you have been short-listed for interview. Interviews will be carried out the week beginning 4th July by our core team: Stuart, Lizzie & Kibriya.
Remote Working Policy
This position shall be hybrid remote & in-person working, so candidates will need access to the internet via a personal computer (most of our meetings take place on Zoom, which you can download here).
Wednesdays are our team anchor day, and we meet up once a week at the Hive Café in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham to work together. However, should you need to work from home to shield or for childcare commitments we can work around your requirements.